Glendale, Calif. (July 16, 2015) –Disney Consumer Products (DCP) and Marvel bring Super Hero adventures to larger than life proportions with the launch of the new product collection inspired by Marvel’s Ant-Man , in theaters July 17, 2015. The cross-category product lineup ranges from costumes, construction sets, action figures and more coming from best-in-class licensees Hasbro, LEGO, Funko, Hot Wheels, Her Universe, New Era, Rubie’s and Uncle Milton. From the clever Ant-Man ant farm to high-flying thrills with character cars and action figures, the exciting array of product will be sure to extend the fun with Marvel’s smallest Super Hero.
Additionally, readers will be able to dive even deeper into Marvel’s Ant-Man universe with books that leverage the unique storytelling of the Marvel Universe. From chapter books to leveled readers to enhanced audio eBooks, the film is supported through a robust publishing program from Disney Publishing Worldwide, Marvel Publishing and Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
“We’re thrilled to see yet another incredible character from Marvel’s rich comic history be brought to life on the big screen for fans of all ages,” said Paul Gitter, senior vice president, Marvel Licensing. “Our partners have creatively used this new opportunity to immerse fans into the Ant-Man adventure with products that are anything but diminutive.”
The next evolution of Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel’s Ant-Man. Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Marvel’s Ant-Man stars Paul Rudd as Scott Lang aka Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne, Corey Stoll as Darren Cross aka Yellowjacket, Bobby Cannavale as Paxton, Michael Peña as Luis, Judy Greer as Maggie, Tip “T.I.” Harris as Dave, David Dastmalchian as Kurt, Wood Harris as Gale, Jordi Mollà as Castillo and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym.
Marvel’s Ant-Man products are available now at national retailers, specialty stores, and Marvel.com. In addition to the collection of product available at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations nationwide, Ant-Man is included in the “Personalization Shop” on DisneyStore.com. that allows Marvel fans to personalize a variety of items that feature their favorite characters from the film.
Highlights from the product line include:
Figures, Vehicles & Construction:
· Marvel Infinite Series Ant-Man 3.75 Inch Figure with Flying Ant by Hasbro ($19.99)
· Marvel Titan Hero Series Ant-Man by Hasbro ($19.99)
· LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Ant-Man Final Battle ($21.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Ant Farm by Uncle Milton ($16.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Action Figure by The Disney Store ($24.95)
· Pop! Vinyl Figure – Marvel’s Ant-Man ($9.99)
· Ant-Man Character Car and Track Set by Hot Wheels ($3.49 per car/$14.99 track set)
Costumes & Role-Play:
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Costume by The Disney Store ($44.95)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Costume by Rubies ($34.99)
Adult, Teen & Children’s Apparel:
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Hooded Long Sleeve Tee for Kids by The Disney Store ($22.95)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Women’s Tank by Her Universe ($19.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Men’s T-Shirts ($19.99-$28)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Backpacks ($14.99-$16.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Hats by New Era ($29.99-$55.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Character Peel and Stick Wall Decals by York ($19.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Soft Lunch Kit by Thermos($7.99)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Prelude TPB ($14.99 US)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man: The Art Of The Movie Slipcase HC ($49.99 US)
· Ant-Man Vol. 1: Second-Chance Man TPB ($15.99 US)
· Ant-Man: Natural Enemy Prose Novel HC ($24.99 US)
· Ant-Man: Zombie Repellent ($5.99 US/$6.50 CAN)
· Marvel’s Ant-Man Junior Novel Audiobook by Blackstone Audio
· Marvel’s Ant-Man: The Junior Novel by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers ($6.99)
To download images of the Marvel’s Ant-Man product collection, please visit http://bit.ly/Ant-ManImages. (this link is case sensitive).
# # #
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. ©MARVEL
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into their homes. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Tinker Bell, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazine, eBooks and apps. DPW is also committed to the educational development of children around the world through Disney Learning, which includes our flagship learning brand, Disney Imagicademy, as well as Disney English and other Disney-themed learning products. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores and provides high-quality, unique products. Disney Store also operates ecommerce sites in several countries, which can be found here. For more information, please visit www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com.
Disney Consumer Products