Glendale, Calif. (August 12, 2020) — The preeminent Marvel retail celebration ‘Marvel Mania’ makes its anticipated return bringing kids, families and fans new ways to wear, collect, connect and play with Earth’s Mightiest Super Heroes. Now in its fifth year ‘Marvel Mania’ – the only campaign to bring all the Marvel Super Heroes together – offers an exciting suite of global retail activations, new content launches and must-have products for fans of all ages. It all kicks off in Europe this August with the Marvel-sponsored ‘Superhero Series’ sports challenge in the UK and continues with a host of global activity running through the fall.
“What started as a targeted retail campaign in the U.S. has grown into an international celebration with a wide range of retailers and more than a hundred global licensees supporting worldwide,” said Paul Gitter, SVP, Marvel Licensing. “The success of ‘Marvel Mania’ is a testament to the strength, power and diversity our characters represent on screen and beyond with amazing products and experiences.”
Powered by Marvel, the ‘Superhero Series’ is the UK’s largest interactive sporting event dedicated to the nation’s 13.3 million people with disabilities. Six families and their celebrity team captains will be starring in a special shopDisney.com-sponsored Channel 4 programme as they take on this year’s ‘At Home Superheroes’ challenge, due to air on August 15. Supporting the at-home initiative Marvel will bring the energy of its iconic Super Hero characters to participants’ homes and neighborhoods through downloadable games, signs and more to help participants feel like a true Super Hero.
In Mexico, Marvel will be announcing an exciting collaboration with a sporting and cultural phenomenon this October and in the U.S., shopDisney.com will feature an epic, month-long ‘Marvel Mania’ collector event where action-packed products, content and Marvel-themed accessories and apparel will debut. In China, a Marvel ‘Find Your Power’ campaign will launch this fall with additional Asia Pacific region retail touch points, new product offerings, and multiple consumer activations running through 2021. Japan will feature “A Universe of Heroes” exhibition that celebrates the Marvel Cinematic Universe opening in Osaka, Japan from August 10 – November 23 with limited-edition products sold exclusively at the exhibition including BEAMS Marvel t-shirts designed by three local artists.
Supporting ‘Marvel Mania’ will be robust merchandising programs from best-in-class retailers Walmart, Target, Amazon, Kohl’s, Hot Topic, Box Lunch, FYE, Party City, Walgreen’s, Books-A-Million, shopDisney.com and Disney store. In the UK and Europe marquee retailers include Tesco, Sainsbury’s Argos, Smyths, ASDA, Amazon and Carrefour. Fans in Southeast Asia, India and Middle East can look forward to an exciting line-up of Marvel campaigns now through November across the region’s largest online retailers and e-Commerce platforms, such as Lazada, Shopee, Flipkart and Amazon. These campaigns will bring the latest Marvel merchandise online, from kids’ favorite Hasbro & LEGO offerings, to the ultra-affordable-but-chic MINISO for an added touch of “power” to any home and living space. Latin America rounds out the program with support from El Palacio de Hierro, Walmart and Marathon. All participating retailers will feature unique ‘Marvel Mania’ promotions and special offers.
Additionally, an exciting cross-category merchandise portfolio spanning video games, publishing, apparel, accessories, toys and more will give kids, families and fans the biggest, broadest, and most diverse merchandise line ever.
Offerings for the diehard Marvel fan include collectibles, action figures and more with exciting new additions from X-Men, Spider-Man and beyond:
- X-Men 20th Anniversary collectible toys by Hasbro
- Marvel Zombies FUNKO Pops! collectibles
- Marvel Maglite Flashlights – Captain America, Spider-Man and more
- Reassemble the Earth’s Mightiest Super Hero team with Marvel Avengers toys and collectibles from Hasbro, inspired by the highly-anticipated Marvel’s Avengers video game from Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix and Marvel Games
- LEGO Marvel Studios Iron Man art set
- Find out which comic books have truly helped define Marvel Comics with Marvel: Greatest Comics: 100 Comics that Built A Universe from DK, a compelling showcase of some of the most trailblazing and inspiring comic books ever created
Marvel Best Bets For Kids and Teens
Kids can immerse themselves in Marvel Super Hero action through toys, roleplay, and apparel that’s the perfect fit for any adventure:
- BattleWorld Thanos Ship Showdown from Funko
- Black Widow apparel and footwear launches from El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico, Marathon in Peru, Adidas in Europe and Disney store
- Spider-Man: Maximum Venom toys including Venom Burst Action Figures and role play from Hasbro, construction sets from LEGO and Funko POPS!
- The third book in the hit Rocket and Groot picture book series by Brendan Deneen, Snow Day for Groot! an adorable, snowy adventure following Rocket, Groot and Spider-Man as they swing through the Big Apple!
- The Marvel Storybook Collection the perfect addition to any young Marvel fan’s collection, made up of 18 original stories that will captivate them with incredible tales of bravery and exciting adventures
Living The Marvel Lifestyle
Fans can show their love through new collaborations and games, including:
- Foodies – BoxLunch Marvel ‘Eat the Universe’ collection featuring culinary inspired home goods, apparel, accessories and collectibles
- For gamers –
- Products inspired by the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales video game, the next adventure in the Marvel’s Spider-Man universe from Insomniac Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Marvel Games
- Products inspired by the highly-anticipated Marvel’s Avengers video game from Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix and Marvel Games
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2020 MARVEL
About Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s brands and franchises—including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more—into the daily lives of families and fans around the world through products and experiences across more than 100 retail categories from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, video games, and more. A division of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, CPGP’s global operations include: the world’s largest licensing business, one of the biggest children’s publishing brands, a leading licensor of interactive games across platforms, Disney store locations globally, and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.