“we will never stop working to make sure Disney is a welcoming place for all.”
– Josh D’Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
We’re stronger when our stories and products are inclusive, reflecting the unique and diverse guests who experience them. Our goal is to build authentic representation across our parks, games and publishing groups to develop stories, experiences and products that all of our guests can be excited and inspired by.
Disney Imagineers have a longstanding history of enhancing stories and elevating attractions to ensure that they remain fresh and relevant for our guests, while creating new experiences that speak to the rich diversity of people and cultures from around the world. Across our destinations, we also provide a range of services and access for guests with disabilities to enjoy the magic.
Introducing New Products
We design products for the unique needs of our fans. Offerings like adaptive costumes and wheelchair covers, sensory-friendly tees and the first-ever adjustable Mickey Mouse ear headband are part of our efforts to create inclusive products that allow our guests and fans to enjoy their favorite stories and characters with comfort and joy.
We value all of our people for who they are, not just what they do at Disney. We want to encourage their relentless curiosity and creative ideas at work and beyond, creating a place where everyone belongs.
THE INCLUSION KEY
For more than 65 years The Four Keys – Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency – have guided our approach to guest service and care. Each cast member is asked to use The Four Keys as the blueprint for the decisions they make during the workday and the approach they bring to their interactions with others. In recognition of the essential role that inclusion plays in our culture, we’ve added a fifth key, the Key of Inclusion. Now, the 5 Keys – with Inclusion at their heart – guide us as we interact with guests, collaborate together, and create the next generation of Disney products and experiences.
EMPLOYEE RESOURCE GROUPS
- Across our company, cast members come together around shared identities or interests, and all are welcome to join, learn and share their stories. These groups foster networking and professional development, build a sense of community and help guide company initiatives, such as:
- ENABLED, promoting awareness and inclusion of people with disabilities
- IMPACT, inspiring and supporting Asian American Pacific Islander professionals
- Más+, advocating for the Hispanic and Latino community, increasing education and representation
- PRIDE, advocating, celebrating and educating on behalf of LGBTQ+ and ally employees
- Salute, providing community, resources and connection for employees with a connection to the armed services
- Women’s Inclusion Network, highlighting the influence of diverse women and championing inclusion, education and mentorship
- Wakanda, fostering a community to attract, retain and advance the careers of black talent
SUPPORTING OUR VETERANS
Through the Heroes Work Here initiative, the Heroes Supply Here program and Disney Veterans Institute, we are a leading proponent of hiring, training and supporting military Veterans. We have a long history of honoring cast members and guests with military service every single day at our U.S. Parks, where you can find tributes such as daily flag retreat ceremonies and a dedicated resort for guests with military service and their families, Shades of Green—one of only four U.S. Department of Defense Morale, Welfare and Recreation resorts in the world.
Including diverse suppliers in our sourcing process provides more opportunity to develop both our business and communities. We work to identify and include business owners from varying backgrounds including people of color, women, veterans, service-disabled veterans, LGBTQ+ individuals and disabled business owners. This work gives a voice to these businesses and enables opportunities by working to educate everyone, inside and outside of our company, on the impact that inclusion and diversity has to businesses and beyond.